Friday, February 14, 2014

STATEMENT BY HER EXCELLENCY DR JOYCE BANDA PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF MALAWI DURING A NEWS CONFERENCE AT SANJIKA PALACE, BLANTYRE ON THURSDAY, 13TH FEBRUARY





THURSDAY, 13TH FEBRUARY, 2014


Welcome to Sanjika Palace.


As you are aware that tomorrow, Friday 14th February 2014, is my turn to present my nomination papers for the forthcoming Presidential Elections. This will mark my formal declaration of my candidature for the position of president of the republic of Malawi.



As required by law, I am supposed to present my nomination papers together with my running mate. As a nation, we have made a decision that Malawi comes first and everything else second. As a nation, we believe that our destiny and our future are firmly in our hands.


As a nation, the decisions that leaders make on such matters as choice of running mates are matters of our shared national destiny. Distinguished Ladies and gentlemen this is what informs my leadership philosophy.


Guided by the above principle therefore, I took time to reflect on the vision that I and my Government intend to implement as our country continues on the path to rebuilding and transforming our country.



I also took time to consult and pray over this very important matter.



In this regard, I am pleased to announce to the nation that I have chosen Hon. Sostein Gwengwe, Minister of Industry and Trade as my running mate in the forth coming Presidential Elections.



I now invite Hon. Ralph Jooma to read Hon. Gwengwe’s profile.



I wish to thank Hon. Gwengwe for accepting to offer himself to serve his country in this capacity.


I thank you all for your attention.


No comments: